Sunday, September 16, 2012

Crib Spring Memo Board

So...
I have been seeing cute memo boards made out of old bed springs on pinterest.
I was in the attic looking for crib parts for my head board project for the guest room.
I pulled the spring down when I pulled the crib down. 


The crib was from the 40's or 50's so the spring is nice and crusty. I decided to hang it in the sunroom.
It's pretty casual in that room so we can use a bit of rust to go with other chippy, faded stuff.
I put some vintage postcards on it.



A photo or two and a cup fragment from the trash pile up at the mountain cabin where I went in July. A feather from a road trip. 


 

 A precious drawing my husband did when we got our trailer. 
Pine cones from the day there was some tree trimming going on at the lake.


Cooler temps have come to Texas. I can't wait until we can go camping. 


I think I have shared with you  how much sentiment goes into my decorating.
I'm not solely a grab it and get it from HomeGoods type of decorator. (Although, I love a good browse at the retail decorating emporiums.)
My decorating usually stems from some sort of memory.











Anyway it's cute. I like it. I don't know if I'll keep it long term, but it has been a fun display.
I can't wait to add some fall stuff in the next few weeks. Christmas might be fun with it too.
Just thought I'd share.

Katie 
Linking with,
1929 Charmer Blog 
Thank you, Cathy for the feature last week. :) 
Nifty Thrifty Things 
Sunny Simple Life  



11 comments :

  1. I love this! I haven't seen this type of thing on Pinterest... YET. haha. I think it looks great and has that special amount of character. It will be so fun for the holidays. If you feel like party-ing some more, come on over to ours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I will definitely check out your party. Thanks for stopping by.
      Katie

      Delete
  2. It's so perfect! I sure wish I had an empty wall in my house so I could copy you :) Have a great week!
    Cheers, Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Andrea. Thanks for taking the time to leave a sweet comment.
      Katie

      Delete
  3. Great use and just worn out enough to have great patina/color. I am following back, thank you for following my blog.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed poking around your blog.
      Thanks for coming over.
      Katie

      Delete
  4. Great addition to the space! Thanks for stopping by. Glad you did. Welcome. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been looking for a crib mattress forever, when I find there are so expensive. Here you go upstairs into attic and find a chippy one! I love where you have it and think it would be great find and provide great interest in fall and winter holiday. It adds great character, looks so very nice. Thanks for sharing your inspiration with Sunday’s Best – you helped make the party a success!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot I even had it. Thanks for hosting your fun party.
      Katie

      Delete